Monday, September 23, 2013

A NEW Medieval Piano Piece By Yours Truly!

 
Peoples!!!
 I am pleased to announce the release of a brand new piano composition!
 
This one is slightly different than the others I've recorded, in that it is considerably longer than the rest. Well, it's almost seven minutes long, total running time! Eeesh. That's a long song if I do say so myself.
 
Anyhoo. It's, as of right now, something of the 'theme song' for my medieval novel Rehoboam. More of a montage of different themes for it, really.
 
Here is a very vague list of references in the song to these such themes:

0:25 - Kelita Draighean
0:52 - Fearghus Faolan
1:10 - Arden & Sholan Greenlaw
2:30 - Rosyar Seosahm
2:50 - Into Sabatia
5:11 - Foolish Kings/Climax
 
Some of y'all have already been introduced to Rosyar, Kelita, Arden and Sholan. I did a drawing of Rosyar not long ago, and I did one of Kelita last year but...well, yeah. That was last year.
 
 I hope y'all enjoy! I was excited to get this up, because obviously it's been a while since I've posted any new music.
 
It took me four hours today to record this. Nobody will understand how this could be, unless you've tried recording a musical piece yourself. Pair that experience with the fact that you're a perfectionist about your creative work, and voila, it's quite possible to spend a large amount of time dwindling on recording a single song. Ugh. At least I was able to record it though and get past the mistakes I made in the process...which hopefully none of you peeps will notice...*looks bashful*
 
Anyyyways!
 
I am so thankful to Jessie for letting me use her keyboard. I couldn't do this at all if not for her kindness!!
 
Soli Deo Gloria,

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. That's all I can say. ^__^ Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting to listen to this! I will, I really will!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I don't know if you do those types of things :)
    http://idlewildcl.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And your blog, too! My sister and I have a fledgling film business and do some composing, too. I can really appreciate your talent. Stop by and take a look at our lastest project, if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You are certainly blessed to be so talented.

    ReplyDelete