Friday, May 31, 2013

Why I Adore Green Tea So Much {FabHealthFriday}

 
 
For those of you new to this blog, you might be curious about the obvious obsession with green tea.
 
Well, I started drinking this fabulous beverage several years ago, and ever since then it's been just about my favorite thing to drink, besides water, of course! (Speaking of which, I can never understand why some folks don't like water...I mean, it's practically the basis of all life, people, how can you not like it?)
 
Why do I like it so much? And why does green tea even get all this emphasis here on Apassionata?
 
I'll let this little graphic below do the health benefits explaining for me, in simplified form, anyway.
 
 
(Besides all these reasons being true, isn't the little illustration just darling?!)
 
So, yeah.
This covers the basics of why green tea is so good for you, physically. There are plenty of other reasons why green tea is beneficial to your health - such as, the fact that green tea contains antibacterial agents that help to prevent tooth decay.
 
 And, green tea is good for you in that the antibacterial agents it contains also helps to prevent certain forms of food poisoning, which would otherwise have been caused by a build up of harmful bacteria on food. 
 
Green tea is a stress reliever and can cause your body to feel more relaxed and calm. It helps control blood cholesterol levels; and if you have rheumatoid arthritis, it has an amazing ability to help relieve inflammation and therefore bring relief.
 
 
One last thing I'll note about its benefits: Green tea is a terrific cancer fighter. It contains powerful antioxidants, which are known to fight against free radicals connected with cancer.
You can slice your chances of getting cancer in any various form, just by drinking a cup of this fabulous tea daily!
 
So, by now, if you just read all this stuff, you should have no reason not to want to drink green tea. Well, okay, maybe you don't care for the taste. (But, have you even tried it yet, before you say you don't care for its taste? Oh come now. Just try it before you start nay-saying, please!)
BUT. Stop right there. How long have you been drinking it? Because let me tell ya, when I first started on green tea I care for the taste either. In fact, I didn't like it at all.
 
However, one of the beauties in repetition is the ability of our bodies (and taste buds, for this matter!) to develop habits, tastes for things we mayn't have even liked beforehand. With repetition, many things happen. We memorize things, like music, factual information. We begin to enjoy tastes that were disgusting to us at one point.
 
This, my friends, is exactly what happened with me and green tea.
Over time, I began to love the drink and even crave it. Now, it's a staple in my everyday routine and I have to keep from drinking too much!
I think it's a great energy booster, and honestly, I feel as healthy as ever, and the strongest/fittest I've ever been. Maybe the green tea has assisted in this, and I'm sure it has, to a degree.
 
So there's why I adore green tea so much. An why you should, too.
 
Have a blessed day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment