Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Excuse Me While I Go Scream

 
*screeeeeeeaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm*
 
IT'S AUGUST. AUGUST. AUGUST!
 
Where did the time go? Last I checked it was still the beginning of summer and I was shocked that the year was five months in.
 
No. Actually, I remember February, and thinking ..."gosh it's February already!"
 
So let me repeat.
 
Where did the time go?
 
Seriously, people, how did we manage to get more than halfway into twenty-thirteen so quickly?
*sigh* Okay, okay, I'll calm down. Just going through ETTS, that's all. What's that? Oh sorry... Extensive traumatic time-lapse syndrome.
 
 
As you've probably noticed, I've not been very faithful in posting on this blog.
 
That's actually very intentional.
 
Okay, now just hear me out for a minute before you get all mad at me.
 
A good friend of mine had mentioned to me that she was going to stop blogging so that she could spend more time with her family and doing the things God had called her to do.
 
This made me think. I was already pondering if I was spending too much time blogging. I mean, my life is insanely busy and my energy is constantly being pulled a gazillion different directions. It's hard enough, WITHOUT four blogs to manage, getting everything done. That's just the truth.
 
It's very hard. I think if I could master time management to a T, then 99% of my stress would be gone.
 
I did this several years ago, I can do it again. It's time to cut stuff from the schedule.
Unnecessary things. Sadly, blogging is one of those.
 
Now don't get me wrong I'm not abandoning it completely. I think there is a great opportunity in blogging to witness and minister to people. I'm just going to do a LOT less of it. Especially here on Apassionata.
 
Please don't hate me. *sniffs* Please.
 
 
I don't know if this will help to distract y'all's attention from the news at hand, but here are two of my most recent drawings.
 
The first is entitled "Archer of the Cabra".
 
 The second is of my character Rosyar from Rehoboam. (Remember that snippet I posted a bit back? Yes, this is that dude.)

 
I like both drawings pretty well. Next up on the sketch agenda, several character portraits for some fellow writing friends. I've just been lazy about getting to them. Oh yeah, and I still have to draw this lilacs picture for my aunt.
 
 Anyway. Life has been good, despite the chaoticness of it. God's mercies never fail. Never.
 
So, what's been new with y'all?
 
 Random question: If you were going to a line dance, would you rather dress in a retro/50's theme/style, or western/country-esque? Yes this is a totally legit question.
 

6 comments:

  1. I completely understand.
    As for the dance question, I really don't know. Well...probably more country/western.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah!
    What kind of pencils do you use to draw? Do you have a program that teaches (taught) you how to draw?
    Do you remember when you came to our house one winter and spent the night? You told us the Rehoboam story (before you started writing it). The two girls were trying to rescue the king so went into the forest and got some sort of sleeping herb and threw it on the gaurds head! "Hey, who threw this salad on my head?" he said. Then fell to the floor in a deep sleep. Some of the gaurds came in to see what happened and they too fell asleep, till there was a huge pile of sleeping gaurds in the tower.
    And remember when they went into that seceret tunnel, got to the end and opened the hatch. And......... The Big Bad Wolf came LEAPING out! (HA HA!!!!!)

    Those were good times.
    Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mikaela!
      Hahaha of course I remember that! Those were fun times indeed. And Rehoboam has changed quite a bit since then, to say in the least! LOL!

      Miss y'all, looking forward to seeing you! <3

      Delete
  3. If I were going to a line dance (which I guess I am, actually), I would rather dress "western/country-esque", as line dancing seems more country oriented rather than retro, to my way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete