Thursday, May 31, 2018

Clean-Eating Baking Mixes by SavvySimple {review}


Good morning amigos!
 It's been a few weeks since I last posted, I know. 
But today we have a special treat - quite literally - a review featuring Savvy Simple, a shop that specializes in all-natural baking mixes! NO artificial flavors, additives or chemicals! You can have your baking mix vegan or lactose free if you choose, as well. 


Who hear loves to eat cake? I'm sure a lot of hands went up! Isn't it nice when you can enjoy baking but rest assured that the ingredients are going to be relatively clean and without all the extra junk? Savvy Simple offers lots of different baking blends and even icing mixes too. The prices are pretty good, too! 


To my excitement, I was sent 3 different baking mixes and 2 different icing mixes! 



I was sent the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake mix, the Carrot Cake mix, and the Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix! As well as the Peanut Butter Frosting and Vanilla Frosting mixes. Yum! It took me a little while to test everything because I generally don't eat sweets except on the weekends. And I travel on the weekends semi frequently, so that doesn't leave a lot of time to bake. 


The first thing I tried was the Chocolate Peanut Butter cake mix, paired with the Peanut Butter Frosting. 


First of all, all fives mixes are super easy to make. You don't have to be a master chef/baker to fix these up! And it doesn't take too much time, either.

This cake is really promising. I love the general flavor of peanut butter combined with chocolate. The icing is delicious and I added some Nutella to give it that chocolate-y color.
My only complaint with this particular mix is that it was a little on the dry side. My family agreed. A simple fix would be to add some sour cream, a pack of instant pudding, or even applesauce etc to moisten it up! 




Next is the Pumpkin Spice muffin mix. I don't actually own any muffin tins right now, so I decided to improvise and make a muffin loaf instead! I made this for when my sister-in-law and her husband came over one weekend, and let me tell you, this stuff got eaten up realllyyyy quick! It's sweet but not too much. I used sweet potato instead because I didn't have pumpkin on hand and it still tasted delicious! I give this one a thumbs-up! 



Alas, for the Carrot Cake mix, I didn't get good pictures of the finished product. Here you can see after I poured the batter into the baking pans. This is definitely my favorite mix of them all. The vanilla icing mix paired perfectly! I made this one for Mothers' Day and my mom LOVED it. So did my brothers and dad, too. ;) It was definitely a hit, and very moist! Sour cream was included on this one and was advised in the add-in ingredient list.

The vanilla icing was perfect to go with this cake! If I wasn't trying to eat clean and sugar-free most of the time, I would have eaten more than I did. Haha!

All the products were very easy to assemble! The ingredients lists are simple, too, which is the best part! They truly fit the name - Savvy SIMPLE! 

You should go check out Savvy Simple if you love baking - and easy baking, at that! Tell them I sent ya!

6 comments:

  1. Those photos are yummy. How much more when I taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this natural baking, brilliant idea,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious!Good luck on making cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. Its nice to know that your using natural ingredients to bake a cake. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete