Thursday, February 15, 2018

Orchard Corset {review}


So for years I have followed Orchard Corset and admired their work. As a living historian and historic fashion lover you can imagine how much I appreciate corsets! Whether I am reenacting the 1860s, or recreating a 1940's look, they really do make the whole impression feel so much more accurate.
There are few eras in the timeline of humankind that don't involve some kind of stay or corset. Especially within the past three hundred years of European development!



I found out about Orchard Corset through another 1940s model who was doing a review for them. I was definitely impressed from the getgo! 

And then, basically all my dreams came true when I was sent my very own corset to try out. 

This corset fits like a dream, and let me tell you, not all corsets do! Some can be very uncomfortable. Not this one. It's well made, durable and sleek. It provides a very flattering waistline perfect for the silhouette needed in retro outfits. 





I got to review the CS 426 Short in size 24. I wanted to get a good idea of what Orchard Corset offered with just a good basic cotton corset. I like the under-bust style because my other 1860s corset is over-bust.



In these photos, I am modeling the CS 426 over a true vintage 1930s era nightgown, which I actually use for my 1860s reenacting ventures. It is actually pretty close to what would be authentic for that time period - and nobody better be judging what I wear to go to sleep, anyways!



This is definitely one of the most comfortable modern corsets I have worn. I also tried it underneath a cotton reproduction 1940s-era dress, as you can see in the following pictures. I really love the smooth torso it created and it definitely made me feel that much extra!










Are you interested in corseting or waist training, but a little intimidated on where to start or what to get? Orchard Corset has an impressive collection of articles and videos to help you out. I was assisted on exactly what size would be best for my body, and they have a a live chat so you can get assistance as well! 




Without a second thought, I give Orchard Corset my stamp of approval! 
High quality work, for a reasonable price, and multiple different beautiful designs to choose from. 
They also have sales going on all the time, so you don't have to break the wallet to feel fab! 
I will definitely be recommending them to my fellow costuming friends and anybody who just wants a nice hourglass silhouette. <3

Follow me on Instagram for more fashion reviews and retro stuff: leah_oxendine_strong
Visit my website to see more about my books, music and personal training!

Thank you Orchard Corset for hosting today's review!



1 comment: