Monday, January 7, 2013

Ambition Is My Middle Name {15 goals for 2013}



Some people tell me I am too ambitious.

. Some people have told me I was adventurous because of that ambitious nature, and I think they meant it as a compliment.

Either way, I'll agree with them, I am ambitious and that's just how I have always been. It's what makes me me. It's how I work and operate. And even though it may cause me to be in a constant scramble 24/7 to get everything done, I couldn't imagine living any other way.

One part of being ambitious is setting goals...and lots of them. Every new year's, I tend to do this. Dozens of goals which you end up not really covering completely, but ones you set with high hopes, thinking, "Oh yeah. Of course I'll get this done by the end of the year." Anybody relate?

Well, I thought I'd share with you people some of my goals for this year. I won't go into exhaustive detail, to spare you, because...well.. I'm still guilty of that creating-dozens-of-goals syndrome. *bites lip*

  1. Become a stronger Christian, fall ever more in love with my Savior.
  2. Spend more time with my family, get to know them better.
  3. Hand out more tracts/witness to people more.
  4. Run 20 miles.
  5. Get a six-pack. (Okayy, you were probably snickering as you read that, but hey. With work, it can be done.)
  6. Finish "The Rebels of Florida". I MUST.
  7. Become the strongest and fittest physically I have ever been in my life.
  8. Finish my Creation Worldview course.
  9. Write in my journal every day.
  10. Memorize a Bible verse a week.
  11. Spend less time on Facebook and Pinterest. (the latter, especially xP)
  12. Get up earlier, go to bed earlier.
  13. Become proficient in archery and knife throwing.
  14. Develop my herbalism/natural healing knowledge and skills
  15. Make 2013 the best year of my life!

What are some of the goals you've set for this year?


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment